Streaming Methods Supported by Stellar
Three ways to stream on Stellar
There are three ways you can broadcast your event on Stellar:
Our preferred way to broadcast your content. Livestream your event in real time using an encoder. Check out our detailed guide on getting started with our recommended encoder, OBS Studio.
*Stellar Stream Studio does NOT record livestreams for you. If you'd like to make a livestream available as VOD after, you'll need to record the stream yourself so you can upload it for the VOD later.
2. PRERECORDED LIVESTREAM
You can schedule an automated livestream using a pre-recorded video of your event for a specific date and time. Please refer to our guide on creating automated livestreams here. Your pre-recorded asset must be .MP4 video file.
3. VIDEO ON DEMAND (VOD)
If you want to allow your viewers to watch your show at the time of their choice, rather than a specific time, we can do that too. In our Stream Studio, you can upload a video file that customers can access as many times as they'd like during any date range of your choice. How to set up a VOD in Stream Studio:
- Go to your Stream Studio.
- Select the event and performance to use, then Launch Stream Studio.
- Select VOD from the options on the left.
- Upload a New Stream Asset and choose the video file to upload. It must be a .MOV or .MP4 video file (.MP4 is recommended).
- Now go down to “Video On Demand Set Up” under the screen and select Create a new video on demand. Select the file you just uploaded from the "Select Asset" dropdown menu, then select a start and end date/time that the VOD will be available to watch. Click submit and the video will begin to transcode.
You can read more about VODs here.